Current and upcoming exhibitions and projects at the Lysaght Watt Gallery.
WHENUA by Gabrielle Belz
Tuesday 10 July – Saturday 4 August
- Opening: 6pm Monday 9th July
- Artist Talk: 11am Wednesday 11th July
Paintings and works on paper by Gabrielle Belz. Another perspective on landscape, connections, and perceptions.
This collection has become a narrative honouring the land, and registering some of the changes. It includes new works, some older works not previously shown, and other works selected from previous series that fit within the kaupapa of WHENUA.
The artworks mark responses to the land we live in.
GALLERY EXHIBITION SCHEDULE 2018
- 8 January to 4 Feb – Lysaght Watt Gallery Members and Hawera Art School Adult Students
- 5 February to 4 March – Photographic Works from the Batten Collection from Aotea Utanganui, Museum of South Taranaki
- 7 to 29 March – Diverse Locals curated by Michaela Stoneman
- 9 April to 28 April – Hawera High School Art & Photography Folios
- 4 May to 10 June – 2018 Lysaght Watt Trust Art Award
(The Taranaki Arts Trail is 9th-11th June – just a heads up in case you want to see the show while you visit the trail!)
- 14 June to 7 July – Stamping and Posting Exhibition by Jill Williams
10 July to 4 August – WHENUA by Gabrielle Belz
- 6 August to 1 Sep – Joyce and Geoffrey Young
- 3 to 29 September – Hawera Art Club
- 1 October to 4 November – Hawera Embroidery Group (held in the usual venue at the Lysaght Watt Gallery)
- 26 October to 5 November – Taranaki Garden Festival Exhibition (held at the Woolshed in the Dunlop Garden)
Guest Artists: Dora Baker and Dimphy de Vaan, plus Garden Sculptures
- 7 to 26 November – Dora Baker & Lysaght Watt Gallery Members
- 29 November to 25 December – A Touch of Clay by Barbara Nicholls, Kathryn Gates & Lynda H (LJH Pottery)